TO SPOT AN ALL-KNOWING FELLOW
- S/he has always something to say though not asked
- Would tell you things that happened to them though it’s none of your business
- Argues all the time
- Speaks all the time
- S/he is always right
HOW TO AVOID THEM or MAKE THEM SHUT UP:
- The moment you see them from afar, turn around ala-Julia Roberts in the Runaway Bride.
- If you have nowhere else to go and all is left is to greet them, SMILE. (Do you have any choice?)
- The moment they start bragging about things they know, test their knowledge like asking, “Do you know who wrote Pride and Prejudice?”
- Don’t sit with them on the same table.
- Try to “dubsmash” what they’re saying.
Admit it or not, wherever we go, we’ll encounter people who are like this. They just don’t get tired talking all day which is such a pain in the neck.
On a personal note, I don’t hate them, I just don’t like ’em.
Is there anything we could advise for these people? SAD NEWS: None. Just let them talk.